This article will review how to research why a user cannot log in to the system and how to resolve the most common issues.
Reports to Review Why the User is having issues
- Global Access Report
- Navigate to My Reports > System Reports > System Utilities > Global Access Report
- This report will show all login attempts. Review the Login Status column for error messaging or OK for successful logins.
- Two-Factor Request Log
- Navigate to My Reports > System Reports > System Utilities > Two-Factor Request Log
- This report will show the delivery method and destination of all Two-Factor requests.
- Virtual Code Authentication Audit Trail
- Navigate to My Reports > System Reports > Audit Trail > Virtual Code Authentication.
- This report will show all Multifactor/Virtual Code Authentication registrations and updates by users.
- Most Common Reasons for Password Issues
- Forgotten or Incorrect Password
- Password Expiration
- How to Reset Passwords
- Reset employee passwords in the system under Team > HR > Employee Maintenance > Password Reset
- For more information, go to My Info > Help > Learning Center, and search for the article Reset an Employee's Password
Account is Locked
- Most Common Reasons Accounts are Locked
- The employee attempted too many logins using an incorrect password (see also Password Issues above)
- The employee entered the wrong password again immediately after you reset it
- New users must log in within five days of their account creation
- Users must log in every 30 days, or their accounts will be locked
- How to Unlock Accounts
- Unlock employees in the system under Team > HR > Employee Maintenance > Password Unlock.
- For more information, go to My Info > Help > Learning Center, and search for the article Unlock an Employee Account
Two-Factor Authentication Issues
- Most Common Reasons for Two-Factor Authentication Issues
- The employee's requests are delivered to the wrong destination
- The employee has a new mobile device and needs to reinstall their authenticator app
- How to Clear Two-Factor Authentication Registrations
- From the Employee Information screens, search for the Two-Factor Authentication Widget, where you can review or clear all previous employee registration settings
- For more information, go to My Info > Help > Learning Center, and search for the article Update the Two-Factor Authentication Employee Widget