California Tax Registration

Helpful links to register for California withholding and unemployment accounts

California Employment Development Department (Income & Unemployment)

  1. California has a combined registration and will give you one account ID used for income withholding and unemployment taxes.
  2. Go to
  3. Complete all registration steps. If you have questions, reach out to California directly at 888-745-3886
  4. Once you have received your account information, Fuse will need:
    1. Your account ID
    2. Your unemployment tax rate
  5. Please forward all of the above information to
  6. Fuse will also need access to your account online but can usually gain access using information that we often have on file. We'll let you know if we need your help gaining this access.