1. Help Center
  2. Payroll
  3. Quarter End/Year End Processing

What supplies are needed for printing year-end forms?

Common paper supplies needed for printing and preparing your Year-End forms, including W-2s, 1099s, and 1095s.

When preparing for the printing of your Year-End payroll forms, it is important to consider which type of paper you will use to print your forms on.

As a general rule, you do not need to use special paper when printing Year-End forms for your employees and non-employees.  It is generally accepted that these forms can be printed on blank white copy paper, and all forms that you print from Fuse will have all formatting included in the print files that you download.

Optionally, there are specific types of paper that can be used for each type of Year-End form, and you can generally find these wherever you purchase your office supplies from.  

No matter which type of paper you choose to print your Year-End forms on, you will want to ensure that you purchase the correct envelope types for each form to ensure successful and secure distribution to your employees and non-employees.

Below we have listed the most common product types that are needed for Year-End printing, along with links that are meant to serve as examples of the form types if you are not printing on blank copy paper and the envelope types that you will need regardless.



  • Paper: 4-up W-2 Tax Forms, blank with instructions on the back of the paper
  • Envelopes: Double-Window Envelopes for 4-Up W-2 Tax Forms


  • Paper: 2-Up 1099 Tax Forms, blank
  • Envelopes: Double-Window Envelopes for 1099 Tax Forms, Self-Seal


  • Envelopes: Double-Window Envelopes for 1095 Tax Forms, Self-Seal