Any changes to general ledger codes or settings will require a recalculation to update previously finalized reports.
Why would I need to recalculate the general ledger?
- Any changes to general ledger codes, formatting, or settings will apply to any future payroll.
- Recalculating your general ledger on previously finalized payrolls will allow you to re-run a general ledger report with these updated settings.
- If you are planning on making changes to your structure, recalculating a previously finalized payroll will allow you to test your new updates before you process your next payroll.
How to Recalculate
- Go to Team > Payroll > Process Payroll
- Use the checkboxes to select the payroll periods you wish to recalculate
- Click the Recalculate GL button on the top right