How to address the "1094-C Part III Column (b)" error from the IRS in response to your ACA data submission. (Error Codes 1094C-045-02 or 1094C-081-01)
Form 1094-C, Part III, Column (b), "Full-Time Employee Count for ALE Member," is missing values
- Identify the cause of the error.
- If under Part II, line 22, box D. "98% Offer Method" is selected AND if under Part III, Column (b) "Section 4980H Full-Time Employee County for ALE Member," the "All 12 Months" box (row 23) does not have an employee count populated, then every month (rows 24 - 35) must have an employee count populated, and vice versa.
- Correct the error in Fuse.
- Creating new Form(s) 1094-C for Resubmission
- Instead of manually checking the boxes under Column (a), use the "Populate Form" button to complete the "1094 Questionnaire Confirmation" pop-up window and ensure your new form 1094-C is completed correctly.
- If your company qualifies for the 98% Offer Method, select "Yes" in the drop-down for this option when completing the "1094 Questionnaire Confirmation" pop-up window, which will allow the system to correctly populate the boxes under Column (b).