Using an import template to update the email addresses of selected or all employees at once.
Using the import template "Employees," you can populate data in the columns Employee's Username, Employee's ID, and Primary Email. If you want to update their Secondary Email, you can also do that on this template. If your company is a multi-EIN, please also include each employee’s FEIN on the template.
The best way to complete this would be to export a report from the system that includes the EE's Username, ID, and current Primary Email so you can copy and paste it into the template, then make the necessary edits to the email address using "Find and Replace" in Excel.
To export a report from Fuse with the EE's info:
- My Employees > Employee Information
- Use "Select Columns" to bring in the Email Address columns
- Click "Select Columns" to show the columns that have been added to your report
- Export to Excel
To complete the template:
- Export the current Import Template "Employees" from Fuse
- Navigate to: Settings > Imports > Overview
- Locate the "Employees" template under the Employee Setup category
- click "Excel" to export the template from Fuse
- Copy the Username from the exported report and paste it into the Username column of the Excel template
- Copy the Employee ID from the exported report and paste it into the Employee ID column of the Excel template
- Copy the Primary Email from the exported report and paste it into the Primary Email column of the Excel template
- Use Excel's "Find and Replace" function to replace "@olddmain" with "@newdomain”
- Save the file in .xls format
To import into Fuse:
- Company Settings > Imports > Employee Setup > Employees
- Choose your saved template
- Click Test (This tests the file to verify there aren't any errors)
- If no errors pop up, click Import File
- Go into an employee's profile whose email you changed and verify that their primary email is updated