- Help Center
- Payroll Processing
Affordable Care Act (ACA)
Human Resources (HR)
Time & Labor Management (TLM)
Tax Agency Management
How do we remove an employee from a pay period in payroll?
When an employee's start date is changed to a later date, the employee may have erroneously been placed in the payroll for the original start date.
Manage Payroll > Manage Payrolls > Process Timesheets
- Select the Pay Period Per Employee (blue people) icon for the row of the pay period that the employee should not have been a part of.
- On the next screen, select the checkbox of the row of the employee that should be removed.
- Choose the Ellipsis (...) in the top right corner.
- Select Remove Employees.
- Answer yes.
- If the employee is hourly and has no hours, the employee would not be paid anything even if in the pay period, and thus removing is a formality.
- It is only suggested that you remove an employee from a pay period if the pay period is before the employee's true start date.