ACA Year-End Processing should only be completed after all employee ACA settings and all company ACA settings have been reviewed. These steps will generate ACA forms based on current ACA timeline data.
Add the Tax Year
- Navigate to Team > HR > ACA > ACA Year End Processing
- Click the "Add Tax Year Entry" on the top right
- Select the correct Year and EIN. You will need to complete a separate year-end process for each year and EIN.
- Click the pencil icon to view a specific ACA Company Tax Year
- Please note the disclaimer at the top of the screen.
Repopulate 1095-C Forms
- Begin with the first step Repopulate 1095-C Forms and click "View Employee Forms 1095-C"
- Click the "Mass Add New" button on the top right
- Ensure "Mass Add For Selected Year" is selected, and press OK
- Review the warning on top to acknowledge that it is ultimately your responsibility, as the employer, to ensure that your forms 1095-C are correct.
- Once the forms are added, review them to ensure you have a form for all employees that your company is required to provide a form.
- You can add columns to help determine if employees should have a 1095-C, such as ACA Profile, Benefit Profile, Hire Date, and/or Term Date.
- You can delete any unnecessary forms using the x or Mass Delete.
- Once you have confirmed that you have created forms for all required employees, you will need to Populate the forms with the ACA timeline data.
- Select the All checkbox on the left of the report and click the "Populate" button on the top right of the screen
- Confirm the correct number of forms successfully populated using the message at the top of the screen
- Select All on the top left once again, and click the "View Selected" button on the top right. This will allow you to review all forms for accuracy and completion.
- Use the Back icon on the top left of the screen to get back to the ACA Year-End Processing screen. Click "Mark as Complete" next to the Repopulate 1095-C Forms Step.
Finalize 1095-C Forms
- Go to the Finalize 1095-C Forms and click "View Employee Forms 1095-C"
- Select the All checkbox on the top left of the report, click the ellipsis button (...) on the top right and select Finalize
- You will receive a message stating how many forms you are about to finalize, verify that’s correct and select OK.
- Look for the “x form(s) finalized” message on the top of the screen to confirm the forms finalized. Once all of the forms are finalized, this screen will be blank.
- Use the Back icon on the top left to get back to the Year-End Process. Click “Mark as Complete” next to the Finalize 1095-C Forms Step.
Deliver Electronic 1095-C Forms
- Go to the Deliver Electonic 1095-C Forms step and click "Share 1095-C Forms". This step allows you to Share 1095-C forms with employees and will send the “1095-C Forms Shared” email notification.
- Read the “Share Forms” message and click OK.
- All 1095-C’s will be available in Fuse electronically, so even if the employees did not give consent to receive their 1095-C electronically, it will be available in the system, so we suggest not checking the box to ‘Send to employees with Electronic Consent only” because you’ll want everyone to know their forms are available.
- Use the Back icon on the top left to get back to the Year-End Process. Click “Mark as Complete” next to the Deliver Electronic 1095-C Forms Step.
Repopulate 1094-C Form
- Go to the Repopulate 1094-C Form step and click "View Employer Forms 1094-C"
- Click the "Add New" button on the top right.
- Once the form has been added, click the Populate Form button on the top right.
- A pop-up screen will appear, named 1094 Questionnaire Confirmation.
You need to select all of the applicable options on this Questionnaire to ensure accuracy on Form 1094-C for your company before proceeding. These are company-specific, so if you’re unsure of how to answer, please consult with your tax advisor.
This is the Authoritative Transmittal for This ALE Member: select this option if applicable, and to see secondary options.
ALE Member a member of an Aggregated ALE Group for at least one calendar year month
ER qualifies for the 98% Offer Method
ER Is Part of an Aggregated ALE Group, For Months: select this to open options to select applicable months or All Months for the entire year.
Qualifying Offer Method: select Yes or No as applicable
A Minimum Essential Coverage (MEC) Plan Was Offered to at Least 95% Of Full Time Employees and Dependents: select this to open options to select applicable months or All Months for the entire year.
- Click the OK button to populate the form using the selected options on the 1094 Questionnaire. It is also recommended to click the Save button right away to ensure you do not lose any data on this form.
- Review the form 1094-C for accuracy and completion.
- It is required that fields 1 - 8, under Part I of the form, are populated with the correct data. If any of these fields did not auto-populate you will need to manually enter the applicable data.
- If your company is part of an Aggregated ALE Group, it is required that all other Group members (companies) are reported under Part IV of the form (on page 3).
- Use the Back icon on the top left to get back to the Year-End Process. Click “Mark as Complete” next to the Repopulate 1094-C Form Step.
Finalize 1094-C Form
- Go to the Finalize 1094-C Form step and click on "View Employer Forms 1094-C"
- On the next screen click the View Form 1094-C icon next to the Form 1094-C you just created.
- Once in the form click the Finalize Form button on the top right.
- Look for the “Success” message on the top left of the screen to confirm the form has been Finalized.
- Use the Back icon on the top left to get back to the Year-End Process. Click “Mark as Complete” next to the Finalize 1094-C Form Step.
- The final step that you will see is Deliver Forms.
- There are 2 options to deliver the ACA (Affordable Care Act) 1095-C Forms, which are listed below.
- Deliver Electronic 1095-C Forms:
- This option makes the forms available for the Employees to download.
- If a Notification is active this will send the notification email to the employees.
- This should have already been completed under the Deliver Electronic 1095-C Forms step, so you should not need to take any additional action if you choose this option.
- Deliver Forms (Download PDF)
- Please review What supplies are needed for printing year-end forms
- From the Year End Process Screen, click "Print Forms"
- Select all on the top left, or choose each you want to download the PDF for individually
- On the top right, click Print Settings
- Select Use Form Printing On Letter Paper (unless you use Pressure Seal Paper)
- Under Letter Paper Options, select all that apply
- Click Apply on the bottom right
- On the top right, click Download PDF
- Deliver Electronic 1095-C Forms:
Electronic Submission of Forms 1095-C and 1094-C to the IRS
- Electronic filing cannot be completed until all forms 1095-C and 1094-C have been finalized.
- You are required to notify Fuse once you have finalized all forms.
- Fuse Workforce Management will process and submit the Electronic Files to the IRS on your behalf once you have notified us that all of your forms are finalized.