Employee cell number or email is not receiving the Virtual Code
The Virtual Code Authentication settings are housed separately from the main employee information screen for security purposes. If the employee's cell number or email address has changed or their account was created without the information, simply updating the employee information screen will not update the Virtual Code Settings. The following are instructions on clearing the Virtual Code Settings by the administrator and setting the new information by the employee.
The companies administrator will need to clear the incorrect settings to start.
- My Employees > Employee Information
- Select the employee in question, and navigate to the Main Tab of their employee information screens.
- Find the section labeled "TWO-FACTOR AUTHENTICATION"
- Choose the large grey button "CLEAR VIRTUAL CODE SETTINGS"
The employee/user will then need to set their cell/email/phone information for the VCA, using the following instructions.
- Go to the normal login page.
- Enter Username and Password as usual on the login page.
- You will be taken to a form to configure your VCA Settings.
Up to three methods can be configured for receiving a code. You have the option to configure your Text Message #, Voice Phone # and/or Email address. One or more methods may be selected.
You may enter new information by simply typing in the boxes.
- Once this step is completed, you will be logged directly into the system.
- For any logins thereafter, the code will be delivered via the selected method and is unique to you and will expire in 15 minutes.
- Once you enter the code, you can choose to make the computer trusted by checking “Remember This Device” where an encrypted cookie will be placed on the machine for your browser. A trusted computer will not require the 2nd factor again unless the cookie expires or is deleted via the web browser options. It can expire you do not log in for 30 days but the 30 day counter is reset upon every successful login.
3. Anytime thereafter, when logging in from a device that has not been remembered, you will be asked which method you would like to use to receive your code for that specific login. Select a method and click the button to send either Text Message, Voice, or Email.
NOTE: It is recommended that you select “Text Message #” as your primary option. The other methods are valid, but due to inconsistencies in email policies and practices (such as Spam/Junk folders, server down-time, etc.), a text message will deliver the code immediately.
Screen to request code:
Screen after sending the code:
4. After the code is received, enter the code, check the box* and click “Continue.” You will now be logged in to the system.
If the box is checked, the next time you log in from this device, the second factor of authentication (code) will not be required for login. As a best practice, this option should only be checked on individual personal computers and should never be checked on a public or shared computer.